Types of hosting solutions
A hosting service concerns depositing and/or sharing particular web content on a server administered by a web hosting distributor. There are different varieties of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's take a glimpse at them. In that way, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you desire to have a blog, email accounts, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service offered by given firms, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts are frequently supported by showing ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a specific span of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a totally wrong explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would divide the workload between separate packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various website hosting services (electronic mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a sort of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific firms provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you wish to share a big quantity of images with comrades or colleagues since the solution is mostly free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to tackling your email mailbox accounts. Some distributors provide web site hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you wish to create an email address with your domain name but do not want to run a web site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can set up email address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video file produces a certain amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and several hundred web site viewers, you may have trouble with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video will allow you to own as many videos as you want without hassling about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to keep a web site. To a certain extent, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and mails, upload videos, etc. At TurbHost, for instance, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting services that enable you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting package may be better or worse compared to the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are devised for particular web content exclusively.